Starting Date: Immediate.
Location: Carrington, Greater Manchester.
Job type: Permanent and full-time.
Reporting to: Commercial Manager.
Working hours: Monday to Thursday 08:00-17:00 and Fridays 08:00-16:10.
Objectives related bonus: 3% of salary paid quarterly, rising to 5% after probation.
Protective Packaging is a leading UK-based, multinational manufacturer of climatic packaging solutions. From our base in Carrington, Greater Manchester, we produce and distribute a wide range of foil packaging. We pride ourselves on ISO 9001:2015 standards, demonstrating our commitment to quality and the provision of outstanding customer service.
We are looking for an experienced Customer Support Advisor that will be responsible for supporting the customer support department and will be the interface between the customer support function and the internal and external customers at Protective Packaging Ltd. The requirements are to professionally advise and help customers of the products available and to facilitate the processing of orders accurately on to the internal computerised system and send out order acknowledgements ensuring an excellent service is provided to customers at all times. Furthermore the Customer Support Advisor will produce job sheets, cutting lists and going out lists for the production and dispatch teams from the computerised system and will organise the production and dispatch of appropriate samples. This is a brilliant opportunity for an ambitious and self-driven candidate to join a thriving and growing multinational company.
- Providing help and advice to customers on our products and services
- Organising the production and dispatch of appropriate samples
- Communicating courteously with customers by telephone and e-mail
- Processing orders accurately on to a computerised system and sending out order acknowledgements
- Producing job sheets, cutting lists and going out lists for the production and dispatch teams from the computerised system
- Collating all paperwork in preparation for invoicing
- Liaising with freight companies
- Investigating and solving customers’ problems
- Handling customer complaints
- Making accompanied sales calls
- Support internal sales initiatives
- Personal responsibility for learning about the Company products and services and keeping up to date with any changes
- Personal responsibility for achieving training objectives (Technical training to be provided)
- Develop and ensure excellent communications, both verbal and written, between Customer Support and internal and external customers
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments eg. Sales, HR, Production, Warehouse, Accounts Etc.
- Providing help and advice to customers using Company products and services
- Communicating courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face to face
- Handling customer complaints
- Producing written information for customers, often involving use of computer packages/software
- Being proactive in upselling and cross-selling opportunities when responding to customer enquiries
Personal Profile and Key Skills:
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results
- Confident decision maker
- Versatile, tenacious and people orientated
- Comfortable with using computers including e-mail and a specifically designed in-house system
- Good communication skills
- Ability to cope in a fast-moving environment
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Accuracy of inputting information
- Well-presented and professional
- Organised and ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
- A good planner
- “Hands on” approach to all tasks
- Technically minded
- Keen to learn
- Result orientated and confident
- Ability to approach problems in a systematic fashion
- Keen to understand product base and systems procedures
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 1 years previous experience in a customer service role
- High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum)