Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Reporting to: Purchasing Manager
Position Type: Permanent / Full-time
Hours of Work: The role is 40 hours per week (Mon-Thurs: 8am-5pm, Fridays: 8am-4.10pm)
Purpose of Role:
- To source and procure consumable items and indirect services for the business.
- To manage stock levels ensuring strong availability of raw materials production whilst keeping in line with stock targets.
- To support the Purchasing Manager with the management of key laminate supplier order process.
- To source new materials for the business operation.
- To build strong relationships with external suppliers and internal stake holders.
- To research and highlight new cost saving opportunities and efficiencies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly reviewing consumable stock levels and raising new purchase orders.
- Expediting or delaying purchase orders when required.
- Maximising value by sourcing competitively and reviewing new suppliers and product innovations.
- Monitor raw material pricing and produce monthly reports.
- Proactively searching for cost saving opportunities.
- Maintaining accurate supplier and product details in order to keep database up-to-date.
- Reconciliation of invoices to goods receipt notes and approving invoices for payment.
- Placing credit card orders in line with the purchasing policy and monthly reconciliation of statement with VAT receipts.
- Manage the organisation and storage of supplier delivery notes and product samples.
- Checking supplier dispatch documentation to ensure correct specification and correct quantity of products have been dispatched.
- Liaise with warehouse colleagues to inform of expected deliveries and any goods in requirements.
- Work closely with the warehouse team to ensure excellent stock accuracy.
- Work closely with the customer services team to provide accurate and prompt quotations.
- Work closely with the quality department and suppliers to resolve any supplier non conformances.
- Managing and maintaining supplier approval process in line with ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
- Work towards limiting the companies’ environmental impact in line with ISO 14001:2015 requirements.
- Develop and in-depth understanding of the Purchasing Managers role, supporting where required, and covering during absences.
- Develop and in-depth understanding of the Logistics Managers role, supporting where required, and covering during absences.
- Providing updates to the Purchasing Manager for the daily production meeting and attending when required.
- Producing monthly reports for the Purchasing Manager.
- Attending internal and external meetings where required, with occasional travel, both UK and Internationally.
- To support the business operation with any ad hoc requests.
- Educated to graduate level or experience of a similar role within the supply chain
- Understanding of end-to-end sourcing and supplier management processes
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience of working within the manufacturing industry would be advantageous
- Use of Microsoft Dynamics BC would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the ‘procure to pay’ process, Inventory management and Incoterms would be advantageous
- Working with an MRP system would be advantageous
- Excellent numeracy skills
- An enthusiastic and dynamic individual
- A keen eye for detail, effective time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strategic and innovative mind-set
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and cope in a fast-moving environment
- Eagerness to learn and the ability to implement feedback through training
- Competitive and goal orientated
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- IT literate with strong Excel skills
- Resourceful, well organised and able to work off own initiative