Job Title: Sales Executive
Reporting to: Commercial Director Designate
Position Type: Permanent/Full-time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Mon-Thurs: 8am-5pm, Fridays: 8am-4.10pm)
Salary: £28k-£30k plus bonus and other benefits
Established in Manchester in 1988, Protective Packaging Ltd has expanded to emerge as a global leader in providing climatic packaging solutions to manufacturers across a diverse range of industries, producing the highest quality barrier foil bags on the market. Together with our sister company, 3D Barrier Bags Inc. we have become the only company in its field with manufacturing capabilities on either side of the Atlantic.
We are proud to have ISO 9001:2015 accreditation, showcasing our dedication to quality and delivering exceptional customer Service. We also take pride in holding the ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System accreditation and being recognised as a Carbon Neutral Britain certified business. These affirm our commitment to minimising environmental impact and working towards a sustainable future.
As a leading global organisation, this exciting time of continuous growth has resulted in our search for a driven and ambitious new Sales Executive to join our team who will play a pivotal role in shaping the continual improvement of the company’s commercial performance. We are looking for individuals who strive to make a lasting impact in their roles and are dedicated to a long-term rewarding partnership.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to grow and develop whilst learning about our market-leading packaging business and developing an in-depth understanding of how each department plays a significant role in our success thanks to our cross business training programme.
We are looking for someone who is self-driven, ambitious and results orientated with existing experience in Sales of a tangible product (ideally from a manufacturing background but not essential). They will thrive in producing new leads, converting them, and generating revenue by cultivating and expanding existing accounts, with an emphasis on quality over quantity. By using a logical, methodical, disciplined and inquisitive approach to selling, this person will use their experience in the B2B sales environment, to deliver a high level of customer care and generate new business.
As well as gaining an invaluable insight, understanding and experience into our business, you will become an integral part of our team, with the opportunity to progress and contribute to furthering the strategic aims and ambitions of our company.
There will also be opportunities for the candidate to travel both locally and internationally; whether visiting customers, attending exhibitions or providing support to our Sales function in the USA.
- Holistic ability to sell via all platforms; face to face, telephone, email and virtual platforms.
- Meeting with customers on a regular basis and evaluating customer needs and desires.
- Generating new business to support the continuous growth of the business.
- Maximise new business development opportunities, successfully converting prospects into customers.
- Participation in complex negotiations with management support.
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets.
- Maintain sales records and design reports to ensure that the data collected is being utilised effectively.
- Report on progress of goals and objectives.
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Successfully generating business from new and existing customer accounts.
- Oversee the handling of customers’ requests, from quote follow-ups, processing of orders, administration of customer agreements, and produce monthly sales reports.
- Building rapport and establishing long-term relationships with customers / potential customers.
- Attend external sales meetings with customers when required.
- Build and maintain an open communication basis between Sales and Customer Support to ensure an effective synergy between departments.
- Lead / support with projects as issued by senior management.
- Take a proactive sales approach.
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Observe experienced members of the team to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards.
- Communicate with customers to establish their forecast for following year to produce the annual Sales budget.
- To fulfil other duties as reasonably required by a manager to support the functioning and smooth running of a department and the business.
- 2 years + experience with demonstrable track record of over-achieving KPI’s.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills.
- Active listening skills and the ability to understand the customers’ needs.
- B2B experience (ideally in a niche selling environment).
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Persuasion skills and the ability to build great rapport.
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Good planning, prioritisation and organisational skills.
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills.
- Technically minded.
- Strong methodical, analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong presentation and engagement skills.
- Proficiency with computer software and Microsoft Office, experience in the use of Dynamics Business Central desirable.
- A quick learner, motivated to enhance personal development.
- Extremely motivated for the development of new business.
- Humble and malleable.
- A strategic thinker, staying ahead of the game and delivering plans to promote and further the aims and ambitions of the business.
- Patient – there is a lot to learn. Keen to understand product base and systems procedures
- A full driving licence.
- Flexibility to travel both locally and internationally.
- Both internal and external training deemed relevant to the role.
- Use of company car when doing customer visits
- Quarterly Company lunch
- Long service awards and recognition.
- Pension – access to a workplace pension with employer and employee contribution.
- Early finish on a Friday.
- Employee of the month, quarter and year awards.
- Fresh fruit daily.
- Special birthday recognition.
- Health care plan options.
- Free flu vaccinations.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee social committee.